Having a fire indoors or outdoors can help to create a wonderful ambience and make you feel much cozier in the evening.
The problem with fires is that they can be quite a lot of hassle- but not with a table top fire pit.
Table fire pits are lightweight and easy to use, with smokeless fuel which makes cleaning up really easy.
Table top fire pits can be used indoors or outdoors and will really make a difference to your space.
They are perfect for when you have guests over and you want to create the right atmosphere.
If you are looking for a table top fire pit then you might be overwhelmed by the amount of choice available online.
We have put together this list of the best table top fire pits to make it much easier for you to find a product that will be just right for you.
We have weighed up the pros and cons of our recommended products and provided a buying guide for further advice on selecting a fire pit. Keep reading to find out more.
OUR TOP PICK
This fire pit is made of stainless steel with a concrete finish which makes it strong and durable.
It is nice and sturdy, weighing 1.6 kilograms, and is suitable to be used on a table top.
It measures 5 inches by 5 inches by 4 inches so it is perfect even if you have a small table.
The base of the fire pit has a marble effect finish which makes it look very stylish. It is designed to make sure that the heat is spread evenly which helps to protect your table.
This fire pit can be used with multiple fuel types of alcohol based fuels, which means you can use the fuel type that best suits you.
Bioethanol fuel is recommended because it burns cleanly and is good for the environment.
The fire pit (see also 'Square Fire Pit Ideas') will burn for at least one hour which is better than a lot of similar products.
The stainless steel burn cup is designed to prevent leakages to help keep you safe.
It cools down very quickly so that you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to refuel the fire pit.
Included in the box is a stainless steel extinguisher which you can place over the flame to safely put it out.
- Construction - The materials and construction make this fire pit strong and durable
- Size - This fire pit is a handy size which will fit small and large tables
- Fuel - This fire pit can be used with multiple types of fuel
- Burn Time - The fire pit will burn for at least an hour before it needs re-fuelling
- Burn Cup - The burn cup prevent spillages and cools quickly
- Extinguishing Tool - The extinguishing tool is included
- Flame - Some people found that the flame burned too high for indoor use
- Base - The marble finish on the base can be scratched quite easily
This metal table top fire pit can be customized to include a name or personal message.
This makes it the ideal wedding gift or anniversary gift, or something to commemorate a special birthday.
It weighs 19 pounds and measures 18 inches by 4 inches by 4 inches, so it will fit nicely on lots of different size tables.
This fire pit is compatible with ethanol fuel which is a clean-burning fuel.
It will burn for 40 to 50 minutes before you need to re-fuel it - make sure you let the fire pit cool completely before refueling to prevent injury.
It takes no time at all to set up this fire pit and create a warm, welcoming ambience in your home or in your garden.
- Customize - You have a name or message engraved on the fire pit
- Size - It is a great size to fit in any table
- Fuel - This fire pit uses ethanol which burns clean
- Simple - It is very easy to use this fire pit
- Burn Time - It will stay lit for 40 to 50 minutes at a time, and you need to wait for it to cool down before you refuel it
This concrete table top fire pit is sturdy and durable. It is ideal for making smores or other tasty snacks to enjoy indoors or outdoors, as the flame is smokeless and odorless.
The design is simple but modern, with geometric shaping.
This is a very lightweight fire pit, weighing less than 6 pounds.
That means it’s really easy to move it around the house, the garden, or even take it with you for a picnic or a camping trip.
It comes with an extinguisher so you can put the flames out safely.
This fire pit can be used with ethanol or bioethanol fuel. It will burn for around 40 to 50 minutes at a time before it needs to be refueled.
- Construction - This is a sturdy and strong product made of concrete
- Clean - The flame is odorless and smokeless and the fuel burns clean
- Lightweight - The fire pit is light which make it easy to transport
- Fuel - It is compatible with ethanol or bioethanol fuel.
- Burning Time - The fire pit will stay lit for 40 to 50 minutes. You will need to wait for it to cool down before you refuel it and light it again
The rectangular shape of this fire pit makes it look industrial and modern.
It is made from concrete which means it is weatherproof and very strong. It will last you a long time.
It measures 18 inches by 4 inches by 4 inches and weighs 18 pounds. It will fit on lots of different size tables and is very sturdy.
This fire pit is compatible with isopropyl alcohol which is a clean burning fuel.
It is suitable for using indoors or outdoors and for making smores, because the flame doesn’t release any smoke or odor.
It has adjustable feet which allows you to adjust the height of the fire pit to suit your needs.
The fire pit will burn for approximately 40 to 50 minutes before you need to refuel it. It comes with a long handled lighter which makes it easy to light the flame safely.
- Modern - The design of the fire pit is very modern
- Construction - The concrete construction is strong and durable
- Size - The size of the fire pit will fit on lots of different tables
- Fuel - The fire pit is compatible with clean burning fuel
- Adjustable - The feet are adjustable which changes the height
- Lighter - It comes with a long handles lighter
- Extinguisher - This fire pit doesn’t come with an extinguisher so you will need to purchase one separately
- Burning Time - The flame will burn for 40 to 50 minutes before you will need to let the fire pit cool before you can re-fuel it.
This fire pit has a solid steel base which is sturdy and durable.
The finish is wooden with tempered glass panels either side of the flame to give it a modern and sophisticated look.
It is incredibly lightweight, weighing only 3 pounds which makes it easy to move between different locations.
It measures 7 inches by 5.7 inches by 13.8 inches which will fit on different size tables.
The fire pit uses ethanol fuel which is readily available and affordable.
The flame burns 8 to 12 inches high with no smoke or odor. It will burn for 40 to 60 minutes before the fuel runs out.
Included with the fire pit is a wick, an extinguisher and a funnel to help you re-fuel without any spillages. This will help to keep you safe and prevent injury.
- Construction - This is a strong and sturdy product with a steel base
- Design - The design is very sleek and modern
- Lightweight - This fire pit is extremely lightweight and easy to transport
- Size - It is a great size to fit on any table, indoors or outdoors
- Fuel - It uses ethanol fuel which burns clean with no smoke or toxins
- Burn Time - The fire pit will burn for up to 60 minutes before it needs re-fueling
- Flame - You cannot control or adjust the height of the flame which means it sometimes burns too high to use indoors. The flame is easily blown out by the wind.
This fire pit is more expensive than some of the others on the list, but it has an antique hammered copper finish which is stunning.
It is made from alloy steel and is free-standing with no need to use a mount. It measures 13.5 by 13.5 by 7.5 inches which is ideal for large or small tables.
You can use this fire pit indoors or outdoors. It uses gel fuel which burns with no smoke, no odor, no toxins, and no ash.
It is ventless so you don’t need a chimney, and once it has cooled down you can pick it up and move it from place to place so you can use it in different areas.
- Design - The hammered copper finish is really beautiful and stylish
- Free-Standing - You don’t need to use a mount as it stands by itself
- Construction - The steel alloy construction is strong and durable
- Size - The size is perfect for any table, large or small
- Fuel - It uses gel fuel which burns clean with no smoke or odor
- Portable - You can use the fire pit indoors or outdoors and it is easy to move around
- Price - This fire pit is more expensive than other products which could put some customers off
- Rust - Some customers found that it can rust easily so you need to store it carefully and bring it inside in between uses
Best Tabletop Firepit Buying Guide
Now that you have our recommendations for the best table top fire pits available to buy online, you need to narrow down your choice.
If you are struggling to decide, we have put together some advice to help you.
The first thing you need to decide is how much money you are willing to spend on your fire pit.
You don’t need to spend a lot of money to get a good quality fire pit, but having a bigger budget may give you more options.
Check the size of the table you are going to be putting your firepit on and compare this with the dimensions of the fire pit.
This will help you to ensure that the fire pit will fit on the table properly. If you have a large outdoor space or a large table then you might want a larger fire pit.
The bigger the fire pit, the heavier it will be. Keep this in mind as you might want to move the fire pit around.
Most tabletop fire pits use clean burning fuels which produce no smoke, odor, toxins or ash.
This is ideal as it makes the fire pits easy to use and keep clean. However, the fuels are not interchangeable and you need to check which fuels each fire pit is compatible with.
If you are environmentally conscious then you might want to choose a fire pit that uses bioethanol fuel. Think about which types of fuel are easily available from local stores.
Some table top fire pits have a rustic design whilst others are very modern and sleek. You will need to decide which type of design is going to look best in your garden or in your home.
The longest burn time for a table top fire pit is approximately 60 minutes.
Some table top fire pits only last for around 40 minutes. Make sure you check the burning time to make sure that it is going to suit your needs.
The longer the burning time, the easier it will be as you won’t need to keep re-fuelling the fire pit.
Choosing a fire pit with a quick cooling fuel chamber can help to reduce the time between the flame going out and being able to refuel and relight the fire pit.
If you are still struggling to choose a fire pit then compare the accessories that are included with the product.
Some table top fire pits come with long handled lighters which makes them easy to ignite. Others come with metal extinguishers which helps you to put out the flames really easily.
Best Tabletop Firepit - Frequently Asked Questions
How Do You Clean A Tabletop Fire Pit?
Table top fire pits are quite easy to keep clean as they don’t produce smoke or ash. Make sure the fire pit is completely cool before you start cleaning it.
Use a damp cloth to remove dirt and marks, then go over it again with a dry cloth. Make sure that the clothes you use are lint free.
Do not use harsh cleaning chemicals and do not use scratchy materials as this could damage the fire pit. If the fire pit has glass panels then you can use glass cleaner.
What Should You Do If You Spill Fuel?
You might accidentally spill some fuel while you are re-fuelling the fire pit.
You will need to clean up any fuel spillages immediately as the liquid is highly flammable and could cause a fire.
Wipe it with a dry cloth, then go over the area again with a damp cloth.
Can You Toast Marshmallows On A Table Top Fire Pit?
The flame of a table top fire pit burns clean, with no smoke or chemicals. This means that it is safe to toast marshmallows on a fire pit.
However, not all fire pits are designed to be used for this and drips of marshmallow could get into the fuel container and contaminate the fuel.
Can You Use Table Top Fire Pits Indoors?
Most tabletop fire pits are suitable for indoor and outdoor use. However, you will need to think about what size flame you are going to be comfortable with in your home.
Some people find that a 12 inch flame feels too big to be safe in an indoor environment.
Table top fire pits are a great product to improve your outdoor space.
They are affordable and easy to use and add instant warmth and ambience to your garden. This makes those summer evenings even more enjoyable.
You can also use them indoors, and some of them are suitable for taking on picnics or camping trips for toasting marshmallows on - much easier than trying to make your own campfire!
All of the products that we have recommended have received a lot of positive feedback from customers.
Which product is best for you will come down to your personal preference and individual needs.
If you are struggling to choose then make sure you follow the advice in the buyer’s guide to help you make your decision.
- Discover the Ease and Elegance of Zero-Clearance Fireplaces - July 24, 2023
- How to Build a Frame for an Electric Fireplace Insert: A Step-by-Step Guide - July 16, 2023
- Bedroom Fireplace Ideas That Will Make You Want to Snuggle Up - July 16, 2023